Everyone knows that moving is a challenging process that mimics a full-time job. Therefore, you need to prepare for it months, if not a year, ahead. Still, if you do it right, nothing can stop you from having a stress-free moving experience. In case you change your mind about the DIY move, Superior Moving and Storage can help you handle it. We offer not only a stress-free move but also a move that won’t cost you much. Nevertheless, let’s check out the most challenging parts of DIY moving.
What should you know about DIY moving?
To start with, if you decide to move on your own, there are so many things to go through. For instance, you will have more on your mind than a person who hired professional movers. We will not try to persuade you into hiring professionals but it would be good to hear out our reasons. Firstly, movers are usually the safest and the most reliable option (if you relocate with professionals and not fraudulent companies). Still, the most usual concern regards the overall cost of relocation. Believe it or not, most of the time people spend less money when hiring professionals than with DIY moving. That’s because managing a relocation on your own is a tough one and not many can handle it. Our apartment movers Philadelphia know how to handle any type of move. Therefore, if you’re looking for movers with experience that won’t break your bank, that’s us.
There are easier and cheaper ways to move
Although there are easier and cheaper ways to move, hiring movers will save you move time and money in the long run. Nevertheless, we should tell you how you can move without anyone’s help. Here’s what you should do:
- Hire some helpers – Whether you think of family or friends, or even professionals. Let’s clarify this – you don’t need to hire help for your entire relocation. But, hiring some help, at least to help you load the truck is necessary.
- Schedule your moving day – You can hire a moving truck according to that. Then, you can plan out your moving day respectively.
- Start preparing early – This refers to all those who plan to move especially those who want to conduct a DIY move.
- Declutter your house – Clean your house thoroughly from everything you won’t bring along. The baggage will only slow you down.
- Buy the proper moving supplies – There is no point in DIY moving if you don’t prepare well. This also refers to buying proper moving supplies.
- Choose your moving day wisely – This means you should see when’s the cheapest time to relocate. That’s during the off-season (spring, fall) during weekdays early in the morning.
Are there any parts of DIY moving you shouldn’t handle on your own?
To continue, you should know there are some challenging parts of DIY moving. That means you shouldn’t risk hurting yourself for the sake of cheaper relocation. There are some things you should know and some things you should avoid if you want to make your DIY move a stress-free experience. Moreover, you should know that if you can’t handle everything at the moment, you can contact last minute movers Philadelphia and they will carry out some part of your moving process easier.
We will try to explain what parts of your DIY move are challenging and why it would be best to leave it to someone professional to handle. Here are those things:
- Moving bulky items on your own
- Misjudging the time set aside for relocation
- Renting a wrong moving truck
- Getting free moving supplies
- Packing late or packing wrong
- Not taking moving seriously
All the challenging parts of DIY moving
As you can see, we just named a few of the many challenging parts of DIY moving. Although moving on your own sounds like a good idea, for most occasions, it isn’t. That’s why you should assess real good whether to move on your own or with professionals’ help. Still, hiring professionals is possible without letting them handle everything for you. Just decide what you’ll need help with. For example, you could use help in case you need to place your belongings somewhere. That’s what storage units Philadelphia is for.
Here are the most challenging parts of a DIY move:
- Damaged belongings
- Boxes that tore apart
- Lack of protection of your items
- Overpacking your truck
- Scratching or damaging walls, doors, or floors
How to handle your move like a pro?
As you can see, there are many things you can do to make your move stress-free. However, the best and the safest way to do it is to hire professionals. That way, you’ll not only avoid all the risky parts of your DIY move but also save time, energy, and money in the long run. Therefore, make sure you contact us to get your stress-free moving experience now.
If you’re still not convinced, you should know that moving on your own could result in more stress than moving with professionals. All it takes to have a stress-free experience is to get in touch with movers with prior experience. Nevertheless, if you feel that moving on your own is still a better option, we support you. Just make sure you start on time.
Getting all set and ready to go
Finally, we managed to list almost all the challenging parts of DIY moving. Now that you know them, it’s time to decide what’s your next step. We strongly advise you to make a decision based on your time and budget. Remember to always keep a budget in your head since you don’t want to go into debt due to relocation. Anyway, if DIY is how you’ll move, you can check out if it pays off to use U-Haul Van rental to move. That way, you’ll move safely and without any trouble. Anyway, good luck with your relocation and make sure you contact us to get any help you need. We are just one call away.
How It Works
Give us a call or fill out a non-obligatory free moving estimate on our website.
Express your requirements
Tell us about the scope, distance, and type of your moving process.
Let us simplify your move
We’ll provide the most suitable, convenient, and efficient solution for your relocation.