When you are moving away, you think about packing as something stressful. It doesn’t have to be like that. Your first step in order to be more relaxed when moving away is to hire a good moving company. There are many options when it comes to Philly movers, you just have to do your research in order to know which one you should hire. But, you should know that even though you hired someone else to move you, some most important personal things you should move by yourself. Or at least pack them so you can be sure nothing will happen to them. For instance, if you pack your PC like a pro, your move will be easier. You will remove one concern from your list. Also, a good enough reason to do it by yourself is to save a little bit of extra money. It can always be useful.
Prepare yourself to pack your PC like a pro
For sure, moving companies Maryland can pack your computer like a pro and move it for you, but you might wanna prepare it by yourself. Before going straight up to the packing, you will need to prepare yourself a little bit first so you can pack your personal computer like a pro. You should make a list of needed supplies for packing. Also, separated from that list, you will have to get a measuring meter. You will have to take measurements from your computer. Computer, desktop, and keyboard. With measurements, you can find the suited box with more ease.
Things you will need for packing your PC
After you take those needed measurements, you will have to find the supplies from the list below so you can pack your PC like a pro. And this way you will let hired movers Elkton MD take care of the rest of your things.
- Depending on your preference, find cardboard boxes or reusable plastic ones
- Bubble wrap
- The old newspaper you won’t need any more
- Label saying FRAGILE
- Duck tape
- Zip tie
Packing like a pro in steps
Even though there are many steps to follow, don’t worry. When you take care of the packing, you can always hire movers North East MD to relocate and move your computer with other things. Then when you finally settle in in your new home, everything will be ready.
Packing the monitor
- Firstly, what you have to do is make sure that your computer is turned off and unplug all the cables from the power outlet.
- From the back of your computer case, unplug the rest of the USB cables and things you have attached there.
- Once you took all of the cables, secure them with a zip tie and put them aside for now.
- Now take the computer case and wrap it in bubble wrap and tape it.
- Like those cables, put it aside, while you finish with the rest of the things.
- Repeat this process with the keyboard and mouse.
- Now, since the monitor or computer desktop is the most fragile part of the computer, you will have to be super careful.
- Take that perfect-shaped box for your desktop and open it.
- Carefully wrap the monitor in bubble wrap and tape it.
- Put it inside the box and fill in the empty area with scrunched newspaper balls.
- Just to be more secure, you can add some styrofoam balls too.
Packing the computer case, keyboard, and a mouse
- Now you should repeat the same with the computer case, keyboard and mouse.
- Once you finished all of them, take those cables and fold them nicely. It’s very important that they don’t tangle with each other.
- When you fold them nicely, secure them again with a zip tie.
- You can put them in a smaller box, or in some bag. It’s totally up to you.
- For each box, prepare a label with saying FRAGILE on it.
- Also, you can write on each box which part of the computer is it if that makes it easier for you when it’s time to unpack it.
- Now your final step is to duck tape all of the boxes well.
- For more security, you can wrap all the boxes again with bubble wrap and tape them.
- Now, you can relax because you know how to pack your PC.
Packing your PC like a pro might sound challenging but once you try it, you will realize how easy it is.
Ready to move into your new home after you pack your PC like a pro
After you pack your PC like a pro, the only thing left is to move. Hiring a good moving company is the best option for moving. This way you will have more free time for yourself and your work and other obligations. Even though you hired a moving company, you should still pack some important things by yourself.
Packing things for the move is a stressful job, but it doesn’t always have to be. Just follow the steps above to make it easier. A personal computer is one of the most important things you own. And it’s important that you pack your PC only when you are in a good mood and you are not nervous or tired. You want it to arrive in your new home securely. By packing it on your own, you will be sure that nothing will happen to it. The moving company can be responsible only for relocating it.
This is not only a good option for not breaking the computer. With that, you also save extra money. You won’t have to pay more and you can maybe buy something new that you have always wanted. Maybe even upgrade your PC with some computer accessories if you need them. You can choose whatever you want.
How It Works
Give us a call or fill out a non-obligatory free moving estimate on our website.
Express your requirements
Tell us about the scope, distance, and type of your moving process.
Let us simplify your move
We’ll provide the most suitable, convenient, and efficient solution for your relocation.